Cricket West Indies (CWI) selectors have blanked four important Trinidad and Tobago players from the West Indies squad for the three One-Day Internationals against India next month.
The Bravo brothers — Dwayne and Darren — along with Kieron Pollard and Sunil Narine were left out the touring squad and they look unlikely to play in the other three Twenty20s.
The team was picked even before a bowl was bowled in the Regional Super50 competition, which started last week.
On July 24, CWI CEO Johnny Grave told ESPN Cricinfo that he came to an agreement with the Bravo brothers, Pollard and Narine to play in the Super50 to push for the Indian tour and future one-day team selection.
Grave told a daily newspaper in Trinidad that he is not disappointed that the selectors chose the path of not picking them for the 50 over portion of the India tour, considering the clash with the Super50.
He said despite not going to India, their potential path to the 2019 50 Overs World Cup is not closed.
The CEO said the Twenty20 squad for India next month should reflect the best possible pool of players from the recent CPL performances.
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not CaribbeanLifeNews.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to CaribbeanLifeNews.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.