Petrotrin Phase II Pan Groove, led by ace arranger Len “Boogsie” Sharpe playing a wicked “More Love” scored 273 points to top the National Panorama Large Bands category on Sunday, Jan. 27 at the “Big Yard”, Queen’s Park Savannah, Port of Spain, Trinidad.
Buccooneers of Buccoo topped the Medium Bands category playing “Gold” arranged by Sieon Gomez.
The “Savannah Party”.
A three-point difference separated the second placed Courts Sound Specialists of Laventille. They played Alphonsus Cassell’s “Long Time”. Couva Joylanders filled the third berth for the Kenneth “Panam” Clarke’s arrangement of “Band From Space” with 266 points.
One point separated the top three bands in the Large Band category. Phase II Pan Groove won by one point over Republic Bank Exodus which played Pelham Goddard’s arrangement of “Gold.” They received 272 while Neal &Massy Trinidad All Stars totalled 271 points.
The qualifying bands for the National Panorama Large and Medium Finals are:-
1. NLCB Buccooneers -- Gold (271 points).
2. Courts Sound Specialists of Laventille -- Long Time (268 points).
3. NGC Couva Joylanders -- Band From Space (266 points).
4. Pan Elders -- We Come Out To Play (262 points).
5. Petrotrin Katzenjammers -- Keshorn-Javelin Champions (258 points).
6. Curepe Scherzando -- We Come Out To Play (255 points).
7. Carib Dixieland -- Shock Attack (255 points).
8. Valley Harps -- Arima Angel Harps (249 Points).
9. We Come Out to Play (249 points).
10. Phase II Pan Groove -- More Love (273 points)
1. Petrotrin Phase 11Pan Groove, More Love (273 points)
2. Republic Bank Exodus -- Gold (272 points)
3. Neal & Massy T’dad All Stars, Bounce And Drive (271 points)
4. WITCO Desperadoes -- Hammer Time (270 points)
5. CAL Invaders -- Dat Is Lie (265 points)
5. PCS Nitrogen Silver Stars, Shock Attack (265 points)
7. Junior Sammy Group Skiffle, Supna- The Dream (264 points)
7. BP Renegades, Shock Attack (264 Points)
7. NLCB Fonclaire -- Addicted (264 points)
10. RBC Redemption Sound Setters, More Than an Oil Drum (255 points)
©2013 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not CaribbeanLifeNews.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to CaribbeanLifeNews.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.