During Bicycle Sundays, the parkway is open exclusively for bicyclists, in-line skaters, scooters, walkers and joggers from Exit 22 at the Westchester County Center to Exit 4 at Scarsdale Road in Yonkers. The round-trip distance is 13 miles. The road is closed to automobiles in that stretch of parkway.
Rules and Regulations:
• ONLY Bicyclists, in-line skaters, scooters, walkers and joggers are allowed; no unauthorized motor vehicles are allowed.
• Walkers, joggers and slower wheeled traffic must use the right lane; faster wheeled traffic must use the left lane.
• New York State law requires helmets for children under age 14, including those riding in bike trailers; helmets are strongly recommended for all wheeled participants.
• New York State law prohibits children under age 1 from riding on bicycles or in a separate seat.
• All headsets are prohibited. This includes but is not limited to music devices and hands-free cell phones.
• No skateboarding allowed.
• No dogs allowed.
• Bicyclists must obey the posted parkway speed limit of 40 m.p.h.
• Children riding in strollers must be strapped in at all times.
• Children under age 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
• All participants must be off the parkway by 1:50 p.m.