Beleaguered opener Chris Gayle has admitted he is unsure about his future in West Indies cricket.
The former Windies captain, who has been ignored by selectors ever since his return from the Indian Premier League in April, says he has heard nothing from the selectors with Test and one-day squad set to be announced shortly for the imminent tour of Bangladesh.
A West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) release recently states players selected for the Bangladesh tour had been invited to the training camp at the High Performance Center in Barbados to prepare along with the Twenty20 squad, which is now in England for a two-match series.
Gayle, however, said he had not been informed about the camp.
“I’m available whenever I’m needed, which I’ve pointed out to them (WICB) that I’m available for West Indies cricket,” Gayle said during a television interview in Jamaica.
The tour of Bangladesh, runs from Oct. 7 to Nov. 2.
Gayle is currently in India where he will play for the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Champions League Twenty20, which started last week.
The giant-left hander has been involved in an impasse with the WICB over comments he made in a highly-charged interview with a Jamaican radio station last April.
Gayle said he met privately with WICB CEO Ernest Hilaire last month in Antigua and ironed out the issue.
He claimed that he was told by Hilaire following the meeting that he would be contacted by Coach Ottis Gibson and Chairman of the Selectors Committee Clyde Butts.