West Indies middle-order batsman Darren Bravo must apologize and remove the offensive tweet against Cricket West Indies (CWC) President Dave Cameron before he will be considered for selection to the senior team.
Bravo was sent home ahead of the Tri-Nations Series in Zimbabwe last November after labeling Cameron as a “big idiot.”
Cameron said this was not the kind of behavior the CWC was prepared to accept, noting that Bravo needs to face up to this reality.
Speaking in Barbados last week during an interview with Length Network he said, “Let me make it very clear, what Darren Bravo has to do first and foremost is to take down the tweet. Secondly, he needs to accept that he has done something wrong and then we can move forward from there.”
Controversy erupted last November after CWC announced that Bravo, 28 had declined a central contract for the period up to Sept. 30, 2017.
It emerged subsequently that Bravo, one of the most experienced members of the Test squad, had rejected the offer of a Grade C contract, a downgrade from his previous contract.
Cameron defended the move by saying the Trinidadian’s performance had not merit an enhanced retainer.
Angry Bravo lashed out in response on Twitter, tagging Cameron in the tweet which said: You have been failing 4 d last 4 yrs. Y don’t u resign and FYI’ve neva been given an contract. “big idiot.”
CWC demanded an apology from Bravo and also asked him to remove the offending tweet, but to date he has not done so.