February is Black History Month and Schneps Media takes pride in this by honoring and by the significant contributions to New York City made by people of Caribbean descent.
Join us in applauding the honorees at the Annual Caribbean Impact Awards which will be hosted virtually and in a live broadcast this Thursday, February 18th, 2021 at 7 pm. Caribbean Life’s annual Impact Awards recognizes the achievements and contributions of outstanding individuals of Caribbean background who have created the most impact in their respective career fields — from healthcare, the arts, to advocacy, entrepreneurship, and much more. By establishing themselves in these lanes, they’ve helped continue opening the path for incoming immigrants and inspiring generations to come.
At this year’s event, the Emcee will be Ruschell Boone, a three-time Emmy nominated and award-winning reporter and anchor at Spectrum News NY1. Boone, an esteemed Jamaican-born reporter and journalist from Spectrum News NY1 has covered some of New York’s most major news stories. Boone believes in giving back to the community and to inspire the youth to pursue their passion.
Please join us and celebrate these great honorees.
Free Registration to join: www.CaribbeanImpactAwards.com
There will be a live chat as the awards are presented, please make sure to log on and congratulate and network during the broadcast. We will also be presenting two new special awards categories this year, the “Lifetime Achievement Award” and the “Friend of the Carribean Award.”
The Caribbean Impact Awards would not have been possible if not for its sponsors, including Spectrum, St. John’s Episcopal, Amida Care, Resorts World Casino, New York City, Meadowbrook Financial Mortgage Bankers Corp, Positive Women United, Harlem Commonwealth Council, Inc., Kingsborough Community College, and Ideal School of Allied Health Care.
We are proud to announce this year’s Caribbean Life Impact Award honorees below:
- Renee Hastick-Motes, St. John’s Episcopal Hospital, Lifetime Award Honoree.
- Dwayne Smith Alexander, Urban Architectural Initiatives
- Joam Alisme, Alisme Law, LLC
- Marissa Janneire-Ash, Crothall Healthcare Services
- Anthony Beckford, Black Lives Matter Brooklyn
- Kevin Beckford, The Hustler’s Guild
- R. Gary Campbell, Dime Community Bank
- Cindy O. Charles, Kupanda Sisters, Inc
- Sylvia Cothia, Positive Women United
- Humphrey Crookendale, Metropolitan College of New York
- Berthe Erisnor, Mount Sinai Morningside
- Nicole Robinson-Etienne, Institute for Community Living
- Fitzgerald Giddings Jr., JRG Entertainment
- Rose Green, MSN, RN, New York State Nurses Association
- Chantal Innocent, Amida Care
- Carine Jocelyn, Diaspora Community Services
- Malikka D. Karteron, Global25
- Nicole Laborde, Ideal School of Allied Healthcare
- Janet E. Larghi, MPA, CTRS, Friend of the Caribbean Award Honoree, NYC Health + Hospitals/McKinney
- Dr. Eroll Mallett, Vantage Medical Group
- Melissa Noel, Caribbean Correspondent, Freelance
- Wendy O’Brien, RN, MBA/HSA, Mount Sinai Health Systems
- Rosemonde Pierre-Louis, The McSilver Institute for Poverty Policy and Research at New York University & Haitian Roundtable
- Rajin Ramdeholl, Meadowbrook Financial Mortgage Corp
- James C. Richmond, Poet, Writer and Actor
- Najay Roache, Spectrum
- Dr. Brittany R. Richards, DNP, FNP-BC, RN-BC, New York City College of Technology
- Lesleyann Samuel, Union of Jamaican Alumni Associations (USA) Inc
- Commissioner Mitchell J. Silver, FAICP, Hon. ASLA, Hon. RTPI, New York City Parks Department
- Michelle Stoddart, Resorts World Casino
- Dr. Joseph L. Tait, Harlem Commonwealth Council, Inc
- Dr. Keisha V. Thompson, CUNY Kingsborough Community College
- Elizabeth Wellington, Long Island African American Chamber of Commerce, Inc (LIAACC)
A keepsake Journal will also be dedicated to our honorees with your support messages.
For more information contact [email protected] 718 249 9640.
We look forward to seeing you at the Virtual Celebration!
RSVP TODAY: www.CarribeanImpactAwards.com